This blog is designed to trace my learning journey as I venture to the creative potention of Digital Art.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Kazakh photographs
While researching material for my Art History lessons today, I stumbled across a site recommended by OCA containing photographs of Kazakh life in Mongolia http://reportage.co.uk/features/eagle-hunters/.
I am a Middle and High School Art teacher who never received training in the Digital Arts. I graduated before this was an accepted component of the Art Curriculum. I am loving the chance to expand my horizons artistically.
Watching You - this slide was hard to tweak as I could not see what was happening to the composition as I rearranged elements. I think this is one aspect of scanning that I find irritating, a lot of it is based on "happy accidents" as my lecturer at college would say. I also found it hard to eliminate unnecessary details - hence the use of the yellow feather to soften the distracting red writing.
Getting Started: Project # 3
Party Time - this scan worked a little better as the textures are dynamic and the color scheme is limited to harmonious colors.