Saturday, July 11, 2009
Back-tracking to document progress: Project #1
It has taken me a while to familiarise myself with the technologies which are new to me, e.g. blogging, hence I got to miss out on some of my journal entries.
On July 5, I spent almost 2 hours trying to install all of the drivers and set up a blog site etc. I experienced problems figuring out how to save scanned images. After ending up with multiple copies of scanned duplicates I eventually figured out that it was necessary to shut down the scanning software inorder to save the image in Adobe Photoshop Elements.
I played around with output resolution. Being rather a perfectionist, I must admit that I love images that are crystal clear - around 600 dpi - but I understand now that for usual printing purposes 300 dpi is sufficient. My husband informs me that the benefit of saving images in 600 dpi is that you can then decide on cropping an image and still end up with a very high solution.
By the end of that session I felt as if I had already taken a gian step to being able to probelm-solve computer related image issues. My head aced a bit, but the whole experieince was exhilerating and a lot of fun.