Saturday, July 11, 2009
Project #3
I really enjoyed spending hours playing with 3D objects in this project. I found it interesting playing with the image sizes. One thing that I did discover was that the scanner seems to be permanently fixed at 24 bits per pixel. My software does not seem to have a setting to change this.
I did find it hard to play with compositional elements, because of the fact that apart from the scan preview, you do not personally get to see what the picture looks like from the front. It is a bit like brushing someone's hair from behind them and not being able to see what they look like from the front. I think that with time I will learn to be able to imagine better what is going on.
I do love the way different fabrics scan. It is interesting that some fabrics that you think are going to scan well, end up looking drab and lifeless. Others looks positively amazing.